7/15/07

Flicker

So there I was, minding my own business.......My cat (the retarded looking one) started going ape shit jumping from one window to another. I had heard some bird but was not really paying much attention since our yard resembles an aviary most the time anyways. I looked up from the computer and this what I saw...a flicker making its mating call into our front window. The picture quality sucks but it was taken through a screen so I was impressed it wasn't blurry. Another flicker was up higher in the Japanese maple and they have been flying all around our property doing the mating dance for the last several hours. The cats both finally gave up and fell asleep, thank god because I was tired of being their race track. At least during all this I managed to get most of my "to do" list complete. Except the part about cleaning house. I figure the guys will be well covered with fish slime, salt water and probably mud so why bother until after work tomorrow. At least I did the laundry so not everything I did was all about me today. Though I did enjoy the self-pampering. It doesn't happen often anymore. Off I go, now that my nails are dry, I can finally try to eat something...

1 comment:

mama biscuit said...

I've never seen a flicker, they're cute.