4/5/08

Wow.....Has it Been That Long?

Holy shit, I can't believe I have been slacking this bad. Since finishing my classes I've been working my ass off, without my raise. That should hopefully go through in the next week or so, complete with back pay. I have been working insane shifts that bounce between morning, noon, evening and graveyard. Minus the stupid people, things are going really well.

I have made a great effort to better improve my life, including taking anti-depressants and improving my diet. I had a full blood panel done and found that everything is in good shape except the ever important cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Ouch, those were horrid. But with some simple changes I have lost 15 pounds and I will be retested in about 2 1/2 months. At least my blood pressure has dropped to a safe level. Since my grandparents and father have all had massive heart attacks, I worry more as I get older. All of them started having heart problems in their 30's. I plan to fix 30 years of damage before I end up in an ICU by 35. Wish me luck.

Things for the home life are getting better. Since I went on meds for my depression, my mother-in-law has also started on meds to improve her mood. Things are looking up, and the men around here are noticing a decrease in tension. There is more laughter and less crying and screaming. I think we are all improving slowly but surely. None the less, the hubby and I are hoping to get into a place of our own before July or August. It's just with my mother-in-law not working due to her medical problems, money is tight and it is taking everything we have to keep just one home afloat. If she gets her SSI approved then we can start saving for an apartment soon. Some days I quit holding my breathe. At least it is becoming easier for us all to live together. Better late then never, I guess.

I will try to be better about blogging around here, but at least I can always be counted on to leave my foul-mouthed laced comments on Tysgirl's page. It will take an act of God to keep my opinion out of there. Or her just finally blocking me because I hit someone's last nerve. Or something like that.

2 comments:

mama biscuit said...

Well, since I'm the only one that matters on my blog and you can't offend me...you'll never be blocked.

I give you credit. I know for a fact I could NEVER live with my inlaws. I don't care how dire the situation was. Seriously, I'd rather live in a tent.

I'm glad things are improving and you're taking better care of yourself, I believe that is very important with the kind of hours you've been working.

Karin said...

I have never been offended by anything you said and if I was I would tell you. There is something infectious about Tysgirl isn't there that no matter who crappy you feel you still keep up with her, I love that.

I also could not live with my inlaws. Hell I had trouble having them in the same town for a month and they stayed at a hotel.