4/17/08

Maybe Someday.....

Okay, so it happened again. Yep, I had another miscarriage. No worries, I finally found out why this keep happening to us. Turns out I have PCOS and severe endometriosis. So on Friday I will be starting on hormone therapy, Depo, pre-diabetes meds and then wait 3 months, check a bunch of blood work and go from there. The doctor was hopeful that if we got my condition under control, maybe we could try for a baby in a year or two. This condition is an extreme case because it turns out I've been misdiagnosed, and untreated, for at least 10 years. So from the ashes of yet another heartache comes a light of hope. It is about fucking time. There is also a chance of bad news....if things get worse after treatment, I may have to have a complete hysterectomy. But we won't think about that bit of news. I prefer to think that things will get better from here, not worse.

So there you have it, my bad/good news for the week. This week better improve, I am getting worn out already, and it's only Thursday.

4 comments:

Karin said...

I am sorry, I can't even pretend to know what you have been through and are going through. At least you know why. I saw a lot of girls on my pregnancy board that did successfully get pregnant and stay that way after PCOS and endometerios so keep your chin up. Also PCOS causes overweightness so now you have something to blame any extra pounds on. Anyway I hope your day improves, and again I am sorry.

mama biscuit said...

:( I know how much it sucks.

You have some hope now, that's good.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

But I think your thought process is the best route. Keep your sight on the future possibilities and work towards that.

I know it doesn't take away from the grief now, but there's nothing wrong with hanging onto that hope and letting it lift you back up a bit.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog. First let me say I am so sorry for your loss, but please keep your chin up and your hopes. I say this because I am also someone who has a bad case of endometerios, and have had it since I was 11 years old. At 11 they told me that there was no chance that I would ever get pregnant. And I herd this for 10 years stright. And then in Nov of 04 they told me and my hubby that is was 150% that I would never get pregnant. I was heart broken of course and figured maybe it was meant to be. But then in Jan of 05 I found out that I was pregnant, and yes I did have a complicated pregnancy (almost lost my daughter 4 times in total) but now 3 years later, we now have a sweet little girl (will be 3 sept 5). I hope the same for you. I just wanted to give you some hope and let you know that it does happen. And I should also add that since having my daughter my endo has not acted up as much.

So good luck to you.