1/30/08

Just Another Day in Paradise...

I got stuck in the shit shift of graveyard last night. At least things went by quickly for a change. I hate changing sale tags. By the end of my shift my feet are killing me, I've had too many coffee and energy drinks followed by being wired for the next few hours until I might be able to crawl back into bed and sleep until 2 or 3PM. It makes for a crappy day of feeling like you got nothing accomplished. At least I got the federal taxes done for another year. Tomorrow I'll get the state finished up. Too much fun I tell you. I finally got my level 2 management training done...YIPPEEE!! All I have to do now is finish some paperwork then I will be a supervisor (PIC). It means working some later shifts, but it will also get me out of some of the shitty departments that I despise working in. And I get a big jump in pay. That helps. And here is a picture of some of our snow up on the hills to our east. This was early morning just before everything below 500 feet started to get snow. I enjoy just taking in some of the views we have around here. Drive 15 minutes in any direction and you could either be hiking in the mountains, exploring breathtaking waterfalls or strolling on the beach. I sometimes could kick myself for not taking more time to do some of those things. I try to get into the great outdoors at least once every few months. Living in such a diverse environment, you can sometimes lose your appreciation for it. Maybe I'll have to take some vacation time in the spring and just go enjoy life. Possibly, I'll remember what kind of paradise I really live in.

1 comment:

mama biscuit said...

I agree, you need to make more of an effort to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. I spent a lot of years not taking advantage of all there is to enjoy in TN. That has changed drastically in the past few years and I'm a happier person for it.

Yes, I used to be even more bitchy than I am now :) Scary, huh?