12/10/07

Whatever

This is just one of those "whatever" blogs. What can I say, I'm just in one of those moods. It's after 11PM and I'm hanging out doing the laundry. My shift at work got cut today, but I'm not complaining, this is the first day in 3 weeks I'm not wasted on cold medicine. Sure, I'm still coughing a bit but at least I can breath. So I get 3 days off in a row this week then off to Salem for my third class. Yippee, that means I'm almost done. Only one class left after that. Maybe that will mean I will finally have more time on my hands. Okay maybe not anymore time, but at least more money. Things are getting back to normal around the area minus the hardest hits areas. But for the most parts things are normal.

I am finally getting things together for Christmas. I got my mother and stepfather's presents done. The nephew is done. And my father-in-law's gift is nearly done. Christmas cards are written out and just need to be addressed and mailed. I am hoping that will be done Friday evening. I still need to get my mother-in law's gift and my difficulttoshopforbecausehehasexpensivehobbies husband. Computer gaming, trapping and fishing are not cheap hobbies to get gifts for. So I am thinking he may get gift cards and socks. Because he hates it when I buy him socks for Christmas. Especially socks that have a sticker on them that says "new and improved". I hunt for them every year. LOL.

I love this time of year.....the lights, the cheer, the cards, the snow, the presents. This is one of my favorite times and has been since I was a kid. We rarely get snow in this area but the in-laws are kind enough to take me to go play in the mountains if we have snow on my days off. It is always a good time. The hubby and I usually get into a no-holds-barred snowball fight until one of us is injured or just plain can't feel our hands anymore. Yes, I am usually the one that ends up injured. But it is so worth the fun. So worth it.....I only hope I remember those snowball fights when I'm old and in a home. :)

3 comments:

limpy99 said...

Hey, if he's into fishing and trapping get him a crapload of wool socks. You can never have enough of those for the outdoors.

JTEWhatever said...

That will only work if the say "New & Improved".

mama biscuit said...

I'm sorry I'm so far behind on blog reading. I feel like a low life now that I see Limpy of all people has beat me here.

I got socks one year for Christmas from my parents. I was PISSED as they were always known for giving great gifts. Turns out there was a season pass for our local ski resort inside the socks. I skied every day, sometimes twice a day that season!